"Some people hear voices.. Some see invisible people.. Others have no imagination whatsoever." - Author Unknown.


Thursday, March 29, 2012

My Favorite Place In All of Pittsburgh

Chartiers Cemetery, This is were I go to walk, to think and to get inspired.  I love the place, it's beautiful, has lots of trees.   It's very quiet and mostly void of people because, well, only weird people like myself hang out in cemeteries. It's Perfect.





I love tombstones.  They remind me stone tablets that  tell a story, brief that they are. Some of them are shrouded in intense feeling.  If I stand close enough I swear I'm overcome with feeling of deep sadness. Strange huh?
yeah, well....so am I.


Nothing is as beautiful and awe inspiring than a tree


They are doing some rearranging, making room from more burial area and building a couple of new mausoleums .   I've been eyeballing these...these...oh, I donna what you call them but I want them!  They would make wonderful raised garden containers...I can visualize my lettuce and spinach growing in them. One of these would even  make an awesome fountain.  My imagination is working overtime here...If I could only convince the cemetery owner to sell them to me....-but- even if I could Fate & the universe is conspiring against me here because I'd never be able to convince my son to agree to permit me set these up in his yard....*sigh*

Fate!  Damn you, damn you to hell!





I've also be eyeballing this pile of felled trees.  I want them.  

No comments:

Post a Comment