"Some people hear voices.. Some see invisible people.. Others have no imagination whatsoever." - Author Unknown.


Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Connection







I am the sun, the moon, the stars....
            
 and  clouds heavy with rain.

I am the crab grass that grows on the hillside,
the Queen Ann's Lace that lines the alleyways 
and the Dandelions that grow wild in fields

I am the gnarled old trees that stand firmly in old abandoned cemeteries....
giving shade to  graves of a long forgotten souls and home to nesting birds.
           
I am one with the rich, black earth that smells of musk, of life and of death and lodges deeply under your fingernails when planting your herbs. 

All things are connected... 

 and so,  composed of stardust and dirt and strung together with the DNA of  my ancestor before me  who themselves were composed of stardust and dirt and the DNA of their ancestors.... I am .


~p. najafabadi


"Ashokan Farewell"
A piece of music composed by Jay Ungar in 1982. The piece is a waltz in D major, written in the style of a Scottish lament





•*¨*••*¨*•.¸¸¸¸.•*¨**¨*•.¸¸¸¸.•*¨*••*¨*•

No comments:

Post a Comment