"Some people hear voices.. Some see invisible people.. Others have no imagination whatsoever." - Author Unknown.


Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thoughts for the day...

'Trust in what you love, continue to do it, and it will take you where you need to go''.
~ Natalie Goldberg

I am an artist, not necessarily a 'good' artist.  In fact I would say that I'm mediocre at best but I do enjoy making 'art'...well, maybe the term 'enjoy' is not quit accurate; I 'need' to make art in some form, be it greeting cards, jewelry, marker renderings and even sometimes writing very bad bad poetry.... I am compelled to make art. When i'm not making art I am restless.

I've been wanting a Lightbox for years. I kept telling myself that I would make one...and I could too -But- I never got around to it.  Always something got in the way...

So yesterday...

I went to The Joann's Fabrics website typed in my zipcode and then 'Lightbox' in their search engine and up popped a pretty nice Lightbox on sale for $35.99.

So I went to Joann Fabrics.  Turns out...

They- did- not- have- that -Lightbox.   In fact they didn't have ANY Lightboxes because they no longer carry them. Nice huh?

So  I drove to the opposite end of town to Michael's.  Michael's had one Lightbox. Just. One. Lightbox.  It was $99.99 -but- I was armed with a coupon for 40% off....so....my beautiful Lightbox ended up costing me approximately the same as the $35.99 would have after factoring in the shipping cost.    
 
So yesterday I went to Michael's Arts & Craft Store and I bought a 'lightbox'.  

Maybe I will make a Lightbox and take this one back...

Nah, the spirit is willing but the flesh says: 'Nah-uh'.

No comments:

Post a Comment