"Some people hear voices.. Some see invisible people.. Others have no imagination whatsoever." - Author Unknown.


Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Lost in Time


Everyone who knows me knows that I have no concept of time. There are still occasions when I will unconsciously  date a check '1989'.

 It's true.

don't ask.

 I can offer no explanation.   It's not like  1989 was a good year or anything like that .

So yesterday  as I am sitting  at my Mac.
From behind me I hear my son say:

 -in his most exasperated tone-

 "Mum!    Really"?!
 I turned around to look at him.   In his cupped  hands are my timers.
He goes on to say:
"Is this really necessary"?
"Really"???
Then he says:
 -in his sarcastic tone-
"Maybe you need to go buy another timer"?

I say: " I have a perfectly logical explanation for that".

He stares at me while waiting for my explanation  with a   -my mother is crazy-    look on his face.

I say:  as I give him my   -how can you not know this?-    look.

"When I am cooking more than one dish at a time I need  a timer for each dish or I will forget that I have something in the oven until sometime next week!"

Without a word, not even a sigh, he turned around and walked back into the kitchen.
I  heard the  ding, ding, ding and ding, as he sat timers back on the counter one at a time.

 I think he's just given up.

_____________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment