"Some people hear voices.. Some see invisible people.. Others have no imagination whatsoever." - Author Unknown.


Thursday, December 8, 2011

Chai Tea & Deep Thoughts

Tomorrow I am scheduled for surgery. This particular surgery is small potatoes compared to several of my previous surgeries yet somehow am particularly disturbed by this one.  I feel like it's interrupting my life and my creativity.  I want to stay home and make art...and write bad poetry...and sit in the cemetery and brood....

I made a batch of instant chai tea to give as gifts for the holidays and while I was at it,  I made myself a cup to pout and ponder over...





Instant Chai tea

INGREDIENTS:

1 cup nonfat dry milk powder

1 cup powdered non-dairy creamer

1 cup French vanilla flavored powdered non-dairy creamer

2 1/2 cups white sugar

1 1/2 cups unsweetened instant tea

2 teaspoons ground ginger

2 teaspoons ground cinnamon

1 teaspoon ground cloves

1 teaspoon ground cardamom



*** can add 1 teaspoon Allspice & Nutmeg,

1/4 teaspoon White Pepper


*You may choose to omit the French vanilla creamer, and use 2 teaspoons

vanilla extract instead. To do so, mix the vanilla into the sugar, let it dry,

then break the sugar into small lumps. Follow the same procedure as above.


DIRECTIONS:


1. In a large bowl, combine milk powder, non-dairy creamer, vanilla flavored

creamer, sugar and instant tea. Stir in ginger, cinnamon, cloves and cardamom.

In a blender or food processor, blend 1 cup at a time, until mixture is the consistency

of fine powder.


2. To serve: Stir 2 heaping tablespoons Chai tea mixture into a mug of hot water.

No comments:

Post a Comment